I   Home    I    Nursing   I    Cancer   I    Equipment   I    Gadget   I    First Aid   I    Medical PDA   I    Contact   I    Career   I

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sign and Symptom of Autism

Children who diagnosed as autism generally have problems in three crucial areas of development that was known as characterize autism. Autistic children have difficulties with social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors or narrow, obsessive interests.


Signs and symptoms of autism are measurable by certain screening tools at 18 months of age, because mostly child's development appears normal in this range. After that become regresses rapidly (loss of social or communication skills) and it is usually diagnosed as autism by the age of 3.

Symptoms of autism are vary widely, in where from two children with the same diagnosis may act quite differently and have strikingly different skills.

  • Sign of autism on the infants often display abnormal reactions to sensory stimuli, smile and look at others less often, touches may be experienced as painful, bright lights may cause inconsolable crying and respond less to their own name.

    The others sign of autism on the infant are may appears indifferent to surroundings, happier to play alone, displays lack of interest in toys, does not point out objects of interest to others (called protodeclarative pointing) ect.

  • In the young children with autism, mostly have impaired language development. They are having a difficulty to expressing their needs and may laugh, cry, or show distress for unknown reasons.

    Sign and Symptoms of autism may increase in severity when the child enters adolescence and this behavior usually decrease in severity during adulthood.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home